Pages

Monday 16 April 2012

UNDECIDED...

My Xbox 360 died during the last week!
My dillema is what to do about it.  I have a few options - get a new Xbox, a PS3 or a PS Vita.  There are pros and cons for each and I *think* I have ruled out getting a Vita due to the lack of decent games coming out for it - seems they didnt learn from the lesson of the PSP!
I like the "free blue ray" drive of the PS3 but I already have a few games for the Xbox.  Then again I like the look of the "Uncharted" games for the PS3 .....

Oh well - I think I will be strong and not get either for a while until I have caught up with my PC gaming.  I have quite a few games part finished for the PC and I do like downloading mods for them as that extends the life of them and, usually, improves them.

Instead I will feed my "need to spend on something" urge by buying a Proxxon Mini Router (a power tool not an internet accessory).  I am also toying with building and furnishing a Dolls House.  I would make the furniture etc myself of course and the Mini Router would work wonders (and save time) with doing that.
If I do go the dolls house way then something else will have to be shelved for the moment.  That would probably be the  "Old Western Town" which I would reduce to a couple of dioramas instead.

I could do with another lifetime again .... anyone have a time machine?

So - indecision at the moment.  I could, of course, get an Xbox, PS3, Vita and a Mini Router ....
I have a great and understanding wife so spending on it all wouldnt cause any problems in that area.  However it would cause problems with time management for all the things I have on.

Hmm lets make a list:-

Old West Town, Cowboy Miniatures etc
Haunted House
Warhammer Kits and Figures
Diorama with a French Guillotine (and probably several dungeon dioramas with instruments of torture)
Dolls House
Dolls House Furnishings
PC Game
Consol Games
Work around the house (including removing fitted carpets and installing laminated wooden flooring throughout)
I also dabble in things like Counted Cross Stitch, Pyrography, Wood Turning.  The latter 2 can be incorporated into the dioramas and Dolls House/Haunted House of course.

There are a few more things but the above are the main ones.

Yep - looking at that I really do need to cut down on things. Its my usual "jack of all trades and master of none syndrome!
OK ..... I will shelve the Old West Town for now and the consol game playing.  That will allow me more time to devote to things in my "Man Cave" (which is spread over 2 bedrooms).  I really must finish the Haunted House and the 2 Warhammer kits first.  Once they are done I can then decide between the Western Town and the Dolls House.
Yep - thats it!! :-

PC Gaming only for the time being
Warhammer Kits
Haunted House
Laminated Flooring in my Real House.

Well that looks a lot better and should suit better time wise.  I dont like working in my Den while the wife is home so I mostly go there whilst she is at her part time job  (She is quite a bit younger than me and likes her job).

Good thats it then - decision made!!   ..... for now .... I hope .....


.... we shall see











No comments:

Post a Comment